Upliftment and Development
As a company dedicated to transformation and the upliftment of previously disadvantaged individuals, Brent Corporation has undertaken to treat employment equity as an essential element of our organisation’s strategic management goals. We are currently in Year 1 of our 5 year EE plan and have met all targets thus far. Our EE Committee ensures that we comply with EE Legislation and that goals and targets are achieved within their specified timeframes.
We are a proud level 2 contributor to B-BBEE.
2015 – 2018 initiatives:
- Sponsorship – Resurfacing of tennis courts – Forest View Primary School, Forest Hills, KZN
- Sponsorship – New sports field – Columbia Primary School, Parkhill, Durban, KZN
- Donation – Bread manufacture and distribution to underprivileged communities – Celebrate Life: Bread Project, Umhlanga, Durban, KZN
- Donation – Enterprise Development – Business Fit, Winston Park, Durban KZN
- Donation – Lalelani Primary School Upliftment Project – Ezakhiweni, Outer West Durban, KZN via. Robin Hood Foundation
- Disabled Learnership – Business Admin Service, NQF Level 2